Thursday, June 7, 2007

Day 20 - What a Mess

Ok guess what? Heh, it's been quite an exciting day at work all because of how messy it is.

Remember how I told you that we get to talk to the CIO the other day? Well that's what started all this mess in the first place, lol.

So the CIO drew us a diagram about the internet portal and all that jazz and how his vision of it should be. Well since that day my bosses and Melvin's bosses are working SUPER hard to please this man. It's amazing how fast them jumped into action once this talk was over.

Lots of shit starts happening, Melvin was told to talk to like 20 people to find out about the site and how it's progress was coming along. I was also told to write up some 5 page report which I have no clue what the hell to write inside. Before today Melvin was rather free and I had my own project which was building up every time I met my bosses. (The scope seems to creep, lol) Anyways after the talk with the CIO almost everything else that was done so far is put on hold!

Now today my boss called be at 3 o'clock asking to have the 5 page document done by 5, and I haven't even started! Melvin on the other hand got the worse one, he met like 10 people, talked to them, and got around 60 pages worth of slides and he needs to compile them and put all of that stuff into just 5-6 slides XD (His colleague just tells him to copy paste... LIKE WTF?!?!?)

Anyways, so we rush this thing like crazy and to be honest I didn't finish but I sent the document anyways, as a draft to my boss to look through before it's given to the CIO (I think that's all bosses do... look through what the subordinates write and pass it on to their bosses)

Melvin and I were supposed to meet the CIO at 6:00pm.... then when we got there... he had another meeting on... so we waited for him until 8:00pm!! Sent the others back first and everything!!!.... and in the end it turns out the secretary (which was a retarded guy) walks out of the door of the guy's office... saw us sitting there... and said "OMG~! Like... you guys are still here?" so we were like WTF?! AREN'T we supposed to BE here?!?!

.... then the CIO didn't have time today so it's moved to tmr... anyways.... it's crap... today's quite exciting and interesting... rushed through that document like crazy, didn't know I could write that fast. I got up to 4 of 5 pages in 2 hours, with research and everything, lol.

No comments: