Saturday, May 19, 2007

Day 1 - The Arrival

I MISS YOU

I can’t believe that I only had one hour of sleep before I had to wake up. I’m leaving for India today so I pack until 3 in the morning and since the flight is at 9:10am I had to wake up at around 5 so I can have time to check in. Anyways, guess what, I was the first one in line to the check in at 6:20am so I guess that plan went well. Then the rest of the time is spent with HT, who came to see me off at the airport. She looked really dead from having to wake up so early. Lucky she asked her mom to send her to the airport or she’ll definitely sleep in and miss seeing me off. I am really happy that she was there to send me off since for the past week or two I was dreading the trip to India. We had Burger King for breakfast with her parents and then they left for work so I had around 1.5 hours with HT before I had to leave. I was really happy to see her before I leave. I now miss her hugs and kisses, and wish I will be able to return to her soon.

Before I met her I thought I should take a picture with her before I leave… but then I couldn’t remember this when I met her… and I only remembered it again when I was a quarter of the way to India… I hate myself for that… and made me miss her even more. Things like this always happen… I want to do something sweet… but when I see her all I could think of was how happy I am to be with her. Sigh…

During the trip it was mostly uneventful, I was reading my “Cell” novel on and off between sleeping. Once I landed in India I immediately called HT up to give her an update that I made it “OK.” She was on her way out of the house to go help out her parents so I didn’t get to talk to her much… a shame, but she told me to give her a call when I settled in. I think I missed this part totally as I was scared I was taking up her time so I just said “OK” and let her continue her preparation to go out. (I really didn’t mean to make you worry dear… you know that’s the last thing I want to do. I’m very sorry.)

Melvin and I quickly went through custom so we can get to settling in so we quickly picked up our luggage and left the airport in the taxis’ that the company provided for us. It was around a 30 minutes trip to the guest house that the company has arranged for us and the trip begins to interest me at once! About 5 minutes into the trip, I think, 3 monkeys jumped across the road to the other side right in front of my car. I’ve only seen this on TV, but seeing it in real life was something else. There were also cows on the side of the road. The thing that surprised me about India was how rundown it looked in some places and looked really high-tech at another.

Some buildings were half torn down, like the top half was totally gone, only one wall left and no roof and such… but under there on the first floor, a shop is still open. The high-tech-looking buildings… well looks high-tech all right… with construction sand piles all over the place… even when the building was already done. From the plane in the sky there was so much sand and so much haze that I thought I was landing in AFRICA! AND the temperature is like 45 degrees!!! It’s totally damn hot here. I can melt and evaporate at the same time…

Anyways, when I got to the guest house it was quite unexpected since it looked rather nice. The place is arranged with a hotel style and I’m rooming with 2 other people. They hired 5 servants to take care of us. They cooked our lunch for us when we got there.

The worst thing that happened today was when I realized (around an hour after we arrived at the guest house) that I have taken the WRONG luggage! I borrowed this new luggage bag from HT for this trip and it turns out I didn’t really recognize it well enough so I took somebody else’s bag thinking it was mine. Long story short I had a heart attack and had to have Melvin give me CPR while on a taxi back to the airport to pick up the bag that I left there. Luckily my bag was double locked, so nobody can really steal it. AND NOBODY FREAKING SPEAKS ENGLISH HERE!!!!!! It’s damn hard to talk to people when they don’t know what you are saying!!! Sigh… I’m sure it will get better.

So after that we just come back to the place and went out to shop and cleaned up the place so we can be ready to stay in it for the next 2.5 months… Then I had a great talk with HT on Skype… although it made me miss her… It made me so happy. I love you.


No comments: