Monday, May 21, 2007

Day 3 - The Tour

OKAY!!! So it's the first day of work right? And I was sleeping right? And the lights were off and stuff right? And like there were like 8 mosquitoes right? And they bit me right? And like... it itch like hell man...

I think I should stop talking like that or else I'll irritate one very PMS-ing person... she might actually break her MacBook XD

Anyways, yeah there were TONS of mosquitoes... I killed like 2 before I went to bed the first day... and they woke me up at night cuz it was so damn itchy!!! This is when we already have insect repellent kind of thing in the room. So today I will have to buy those applied ones. Melvin didn't get bit at all... I probably taste better than him ;) (I realize that's not something to be winking about... but what the hell)

So it's the first day at work... well it's kinda the first induction day really, we woke up, had breakfast, and left the guest house at around 10 o'clock. Reached the company around 10:30, right on time really and went right onto the tour. They gave us a presentation on the company and had us introduce ourselves. The company basically has a very advanced employee assessment program and it assesses the employee according to their competency as well as their contribution, I thought that was interesting.

One thing that surprised me and I found DAMN funny was that they actually place each employee on a BELL CURVE!!! And not just ONE but TWO! Then they map the result onto a graph to see where you are as an individual compared to the rest of the people in the organization... I thought I was done with the grading system if I come out to work XD turns out I was wrong.

We got our buddy today, drew a ballot to find out who is the unlucky person who has to take care of me XD. So I got this dude named Prateek, he's an MBA undergoing the Young Leaders Program at Bharti, all the buddies are in the same program. They are a nice bunch actually, really easy to talk to and kinda cool. Prateek is doing Taxation for Bharti so nothing to do with my IT department.

We didn't get any of our job scope today as this is just an induction day.

We traveled a lot today, like 2 hours car ride... and by the end of the day I was exhausted. The cool thing was they showed us the Switch Room where they route all calls in and out of the province and the country, it's quite neat, like a server room actually.

One thing hasn't changed... it's DAMN HOT AND HAZY!!! ARGH!!! I will die of the pollution here if something were to kill me... it would be this!

Anyways that's actually all that we did today... tmr we'll be getting our Sim Card will post the number here for those interested. It won't be activated until the day after tmr though. =.=;;

No comments: